The Flip Chart allows your users to flip through a collection of content like slides in a slideshow.
Like most collections, the Flip Chart collection can include any asset type, including buttons and even other collections. Buttons in a Flip Chart can be used to trigger any action, including navigation to other scenes. To do so:
- Create Simple or Image buttons in the same scene as the Flip Chart .
- If Image buttons, select an image for each button, optionally using different images for Pressed and Released states.
- Define actions for each button using the Triggers and Actions panel.
- Drag these buttons into the Flip Chart either from the Scene Structure panel or from the design canvas.
- Using Player or Composer's Preview Mode, click the button actively displayed in the Flip Chart to trigger its action(s)
NOTE: If you embed buttons in the Flip Chart then use of the Flip Chart control is required to move from one button to the next. A touch anywhere inside the Flip Chart will be seen as a Pressed trigger followed by a Released trigger for the actively displayed button.
See Common collection properties for details of common properties shared by different all collection types
- Style: provides the list of currently available collection styles. Select another collection style to display your assets in a different way.
- Index in focus: specify which item in the collection should have focus
- Show curtain shadows: generates a shadow effect on the left and right-hand side of the Flip Chart container
- Show icons: displays "asset type" identification icons on the assets in the Asset Grid
- Scroll by: defines the number of items scrolled when the scroll arrows are tapped
- Initial scroll effect: reminds users that the collection is scrollable each time the scene is displayed
- Soft move speed: defines the soft move speed when items are scrolled horizontally or vertically
- Allow interaction with item: toggle whether or
not an item can be interacted with. For example, if this property
is turned on, touching a video in a collection can cause the video
- Show usage animation: toggles whether or not to display a graphic illustrating how to interact with this collection
- Tap item to open: toggle whether or not a touch on an item will cause a copy of that item to open outside of its parent collection. NOTE: If Tap item to open and Tap item to flip are both selected, then Tap item to open requires a touch in the center of the visible Flip Chart item. Touches on the left and right side of the Flip Chart would cause the collection to flip.
- Tap item to flip: toggle whether or not a touch on the Flip Chart will cause it to advance to the previous or next item in the list. Tap the left side of the Flip Chart to move to the previous item, tap the right side to move to the next item.
- Swipe item to flip: Indicates if Flip Chart will do a previous / next on a swipe gesture.
- Drag and drop item to open: toggle whether or not a drag-and-drop action on an item will cause a copy of that item to open outside of its parent collection.
- Resize ratio for opened item: identify the size multiple of an opened item in comparison to its size while inside the collection. A ratio of 1 means don't change the size, a ratio of 2 means double the size, a ratio of 0.5 means reduce the size in half, and so on.
See Triggers Overview to get details of common triggers shared by all assets or collections
- Index is changed: Raised when the index has changed.
- Is moved to the next item: Raised when this collection is moved to the next item.
- Is moved to the previous item: Raised when this collection is moved to the previous item.
- Is scrolled: Raised when this collection has been scrolled.
- Last item is reached: Raised when the last item has been reached.
- Reaches index: Raised when the specified index
- Index: the index to reach
The screenshots below illustrate the set of triggers and actions specific to the Flip Chart Collection.
See Actions Overview to get details of common actions shared by all assets or collections
NOTE: The Open item action requires that the collection's Visible property be set to True and that the item to be opened is already scrolled into view. If the item is not yet scrolled into view, use the Scroll to or Scroll to an asset actions before calling Open item.
- Close all opened collection items: Close all opened collection items.
- Next: Go to the next item.
- Open item: Open a copy of the item outside its
- Index: The index of the item to open.
- X: The X position to open the item at.
- Y: The Y position to open the item at.
- Orientation: The orientation to open the item with.
- Previous: Go to the previous item.
- Scroll to: Scroll to an item using its index.
- Index: The index of the item to scroll to.
- Scroll to an item: Scroll to an item using its
- Item name: the asset name to scroll to.
- Tip of the Month: Getting Answers To Your IntuiFace Questions
- Tip of the Month: Little Known Features of IntuiFace
- Tip of the Month: Experience Design Choices to Optimize Performance
- Tip of the Month: Using Out-of-the-Box Interface Assets to Incorporate Real-time Information
- Tip of the Month: Use Design Accelerators to Improve Appearance and Functionality
- View all (6 more)