Table of Contents
NOTE: The Helix collection is only supported in Composer and Player for Windows. It cannot be used with Player for iPad or Player for Android.
The Helix collection presents content in a three dimensional, DNA-like helix structure.
The Helix collection
- is circular in nature - like the Carousel collection - meaning the last item in the list is followed by the first
- can be configured to scroll automatically
- is able to display 3D Model assets and Group collections in three dimensions. This is unlike all other collections in which 3D Models and Groups are displayed in only two dimensions (i.e. flat).
Like most collections, the Helix collection can include any asset type, including buttons and even other collections. Buttons in a Helix can be used to trigger any action, including navigation to other scenes. To do so:
- Create Simple or Image buttons in the same scene as the Helix.
- If Image buttons, select an image for each button, optionally using different images for Pressed and Released states.
- Define actions for each button using the Triggers and Actions panel.
- Drag these buttons into the Helix either from the Scene Structure panel or from the scene.
- Using Player or Composer's Preview Mode, click on the front-and-center button - i.e. the "item in focus" - in the Helix to trigger its action(s).
See Common collection properties for details of common properties shared by different all collection types
- Style: provides the list of currently available collection styles. Select another collection style to display your assets in a different way.
- Index in focus: specifies which item in the collection should have focus
- Orientation: defines whether the Helix is horizontal or vertical
- Diameter: sets the width of the helix from left to right behind the item in focus
- Depth: sets the depth of the helix directly behind the item in focus
- View angle: rotates the helix to bring either the bottom or top of the helix closer to the viewer
- Show central axis image: toggles whether to display a two dimensional image spanning the width (i.e. the diameter) of the helix. This image is repeated along the central axis in both directions. Best used with simple color gradients to add a shading effect.
- Central axis image: specifies which image to use along the central axis
- Item width: defines the width of the items displayed in the carousel
- Item height: defines the height of the items displayed in the carousel
- Item angle: number of degrees in the arc separating any two consecutive items in the helix
- Item offset: steepness of the spiral. A value of 0 creates a circle, a value of 1 creates a vertical line along the central axis.
- Recenter time: defines the length of time it takes for a rotated Helix to snap to an item after rotation has slowed down to a low, predefined (and not configurable) rate.
- Focus time: defines the time it takes a touched item in the helix to move and become the item in focus. The smaller the number, the faster the helix will rotate the touched item into the center.
- Soft move speed: defines how quickly rotation caused by a swipe will come to a halt. The higher the number, the longer it will take a spun Helix to stop rotating - i.e. the "softer" it will slow down.
- Rotate with gestures: toggles whether a swipe gesture can be used to move through items in the Helix.
- Show usage animation: toggles whether or not to display a graphic illustrating how to interact with this collection
Note that the Helix collection does not support Tap item to open and Drag and drop item to open.
See Triggers Overview to get details of common triggers shared by all assets or collections
- Index is changed: Raised when the index has changed.
- Is moved to the next item: Raised when this Collection is moved to the next item.
- Is moved to the previous item: Raised when this Collection is moved to the previous item.
- Is scrolled: Raised when this collection has been scrolled.
- Reaches index: Raised when the specified index is reached
- Index: the index to reach.
See Actions Overview to get details of common actions shared by all assets or collections
- Next: Go to the next item.
- Previous: Go to the previous item.
- Scroll to an index: Scroll to an item using its index.
- Index: The index of the item to scroll to.
- Scroll to an item: Scroll to an item using its Name property.
- Item name: the asset name to scroll to.
- Start automated rotation: Automate rotation of this collection
- Speed of rotation
- Reverse rotation
- Stop automated rotation: Stop the automated rotation.
- Experience Tips and Tricks
- Getting Answers To Your IntuiFace Questions
- Tip of the Month: Little Known Features of IntuiFace
- Tip of the Month: Experience Design Choices to Optimize Performance
- Tip of the Month: Using Out-of-the-Box Interface Assets to Incorporate Real-time Information
- View all (8 more)