Access data points in Mixpanel
Data points transferred from Composer and Player to the IntuiFace Data Tracking Hub can be forwarded directly to one or more Mixpanel projects.
Mixpanel is third party software specialized in the analysis of data generated by multiple users of an application, website or - in IntuiFace's case - interactive content.
NOTE: IntuiLab has no formal relationship with Mixpanel and does not provide support for their offering.
- Open the Data Tracking
- Expand the Mixpanel Connector option
- Click the button "Add Connector for Mixpanel Project".
- Enter any name you wish in the Name field (any
will do it, but we recommend you use your Mixpanel project name)
and, in the Token field, paste the project token
for your Mixpanel project (see next section).
- Clicking the "How to find a project token" link will take you
to a Mixpanel page explaining where to find the project token.
- Clicking the "How to find a project token" link will take you to a Mixpanel page explaining where to find the project token.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat Steps 3 thru 5 for each additional Mixpanel project.
To forward data to a Mixpanel project, IntuiFace needs to know that project's token. [This section assumes you already have a Mixpanel account and one or more Mixpanel projects.]
- Log into Mixpanel and
then select the project into which you would like IntuiFace data
points to be transferred.
- Click the "Update Project Settings" button in the bottom left
- Copy the Token ID and paste it into Notepad
(or some other tool used to save text).
Once a connector exists for a Mixpanel project, the connector can be toggled on and off using the slider labeled "Send data points to this connector".
- OFF: From the moment this slider is toggled to OFF, no new data points arriving at the Data Tracking Hub will be forwarded to this particular Mixpanel project.
- ON: From the moment this slider is toggled to ON, new data points arriving at the Data Tracking Hub will be forwarded to this particular Mixpanel project.
The following fields appear in all forwarded data points:
- Time: Contains the timestamp at the moment the
Log Event action occurred.
The date is formatted as [day]/[month]/[year]. The time recorded is for the UTC standard, equivalent to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
NOTE: Be sure to verify that the time and time zone are properly set on each device running Player.
- DeviceName: The name of the device running Composer/Player
- Application: The name of the IntuiFace software
running on the device. Values can be any one of
- ApplicationVersion: The version of the IntuiFace application identified in the previous field
- PlayerTags: A list of all tags assigned to this instance of Player. If multiple tags exist, they will be separated by the pipe symbol: '|'.
- OS: The name of the operating system on the device
running Composer/Player. Values can be any one of:
- SSSP [for Samsung SMART Signage Platform]
- OSVersion: The version of the operating system identified in the previous field.
- ExperienceName: The name of the IntuiFace experience that generated this data point.
- Distinct_ID: Contains the Session ID if specified by the running experience. Could be blank.
- SceneName: The name of the scene in which the data point was generated.
- EventName: The name of the event specified in the Log Event action.
- ElapsedTime: Contains a value only for the automatically recorded events "Scene Left", "Session Stopped" and "Experience Stopped". In all other cases this field will be blank.
The following fields only conditionally appear:
- Value: Only appears if using IntuiFace Version 5.1 or earlier.
- Comment: Only appears if using IntuiFace Version 5.1 or earlier.
- [Parameter Name]: Only appears if a parameter is
associated with the event represented by this data point.
- There will be as many columns as there are unique parameters across all data points downloaded to Mixpanel.
The value of a parameter as recorded in Composer/Player may be represented differently in Mixpanel.
Below, the parameter value is on the left, the representation of that value in Mixpanel is on the right.
- Foo -> Foo
- "Foo" -> "Foo"
- 'Foo' -> 'Foo'
- 1234 -> 1234
- 12.34 -> 12.34
- 12,34 -> 1234
- 12,34,56 -> 123456
- 12,34,this -> 12,34,this
- 12,34, is my text -> 12,34, is my text
- "1234" -> "1234"
- True -> true
- False -> false
- 1234/12/12 -> 1234-12-12T00:00:00 (i.e year-month-dayTtime)
- 1234-12-12T12:34:56 -> 1234-12-12T12:34:56
- If a Parameter value - the value of a parameter associated with the Log Event action - contains only numbers and one more more commas, the commas are deleted by Composer/Player before data point transfer . If the comma is meant to indicate decimal notation, use a binding converter to change the comma into a period.
- Tip of the Month: Getting Answers To Your IntuiFace Questions
- Tip of the Month: Little Known Features of IntuiFace
- Tip of the Month: Experience Design Choices to Optimize Performance
- Tip of the Month: Using Out-of-the-Box Interface Assets to Incorporate Real-time Information
- Tip of the Month: Use Design Accelerators to Improve Appearance and Functionality
- View all (6 more)