Minimum software and hardware requirements
The performance of IntuiFace very much depends on the type of content you use and the hardware capability of your presentation platform. For example, interactive experiences using high definition videos and other demanding content likely require significant hard drive speed and CPU/GPU/RAM power to ensure smooth performance. See this page for more information about optimizing performance.
If you have the luxury to build your own Windows system - or at least some budget freedom - the following lists, in descending order of importance, improvements you can make to optimize performance.
- SSD (Solid State Drive) instead of a HDD (Hard Disk Drive)
- High performance CPU
- High performance, CPU-independent GPU (nVidia or AMD)
- 8GB RAM, especially for the Composer in anticipation that it will be used at the same time as other programs, like image editing software
Finally, regardless of your PC's specs, make sure your computer has been set to a Full Performance power plan. Budget power plans will, by definition, throttle back performance.
[These are minimums. To maximize performance, exceed them as much as your budget will allow.]
- Operating System:
- Intel® Core i5 4th generation (or an equivalent AMD
- Intel® Celeron,Pentium and Atom processors are insufficient
- Intel® Core i5 4th generation (or an equivalent AMD processor).
- 8 GB for Composer
- 4 GB for Player
- Graphics Card
- 1 GB RAM
- AMD, nVidia recommended or Intel HD (2000 +),
- True Color (32 bit) mode required
- SSD (Solid State Drive)
- Windows RT (also named Windows 8 RT) is not supported.
- Keep in mind that some Windows tablets use the ARM-based Windows RT operating system while others use the Intel-based Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system. The latter are supported by IntuiFace, the former are not.
- 32-bit Windows 7 and 8 can technically be used with Composer but we recommend the 64-bit versions
Regardless of the model, your iPad should be running iOS 9 or later.
The following are our recommended iPad models. All are characterized by use of the Lightning connector:
- iPad with Retina Display (aka iPad 4)
- iPad mini 2
- iPad Air
- Any device released after the editions listed above
Player for iPad also runs on the following iPads but performance is subpar compared to that of the recommended versions:
- iPad 2
- iPad mini
- iPad 3
In short, Player performance improves with each iPad version due to improved hardware and OS performance. As a result, always use the best equipped iPad at your disposal.
On Android, IntuiFace Player has the following device requirements
- running Android Version 4.3 or later
- with a screen at least 7" in diagonal; this excludes all phones
and most phablets
- ARM or X86-based CPU
The choice between Player for Kiosks and Player for Tablets is determined by the following:
- If the screen has a diameter larger than 13.5 inches, use Player for Kiosks
- If the screen is has a diameter smaller than 13.5 inches
- ...and the device is a preconfigured, off-the-shelf tablet - typically combining CPU and display in the same enclosure - then use Player for Tablets
- ...otherwise, use Player for Kiosks
Any Chromebook, Chromebox or Chromebase.
Player for Samsung SSP can run on any member of
- P Series (aka SSSP4)
- Any SM5B series devices (32”/43”/49”/55”/65”)
- Tip of the Month: Getting Answers To Your IntuiFace Questions
- Tip of the Month: Little Known Features of IntuiFace
- Tip of the Month: Experience Design Choices to Optimize Performance
- Tip of the Month: Using Out-of-the-Box Interface Assets to Incorporate Real-time Information
- Tip of the Month: Use Design Accelerators to Improve Appearance and Functionality
- View all (6 more)