Using Player on iPad and Android
IntuiFace Player for Tablets and IntuiFace Player for Kiosks enable you to run experiences created with IntuiFace Composer on an iPad or Android device.
- Use Player for Tablets with any iPad or off-the-shelf Android tablet. Purchased as a pack of ten licenses, each Player for Tablet license can be used on either an iPad or an off-the-shelf Android tablet.
- Use Player for Kiosks with any custom Android device.
Android-based devices have an external display or a built-in
display with screen size greater than 14 inches (35.5cm)
- Player for Kiosks can also be used with the Samsung SSP. Details are here
- You can find Player for iPad in the Apple App Store here or search for intuiface in iTunes.
- You can find Player for Android in the Google Play store
here or search for intuiface
- The appropriate Player version - Kiosks or Tablets - will be automatically selected for you.
NOTE: Before using Player, be sure to acquaint yourself with known limitations. Player for iPad and Android are not yet feature equivalent to Player for Windows. This article will highlight the differences.
The level of playback capability depends both on whether Player is licensed and on the Composer Edition used to create the experience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Experiences accessible for download in Player were either
- created in an instance of Composer using the same IntuiFace
account as Player, OR
- shared by the experience creator with the IntuiFace account used by Player.
Every Player login initiates a new license request; a license is neither released nor recognized by Player after logging out. As a result, more than one license can be checked out for the same tablet. To release a tablet license back into the license pool, follow the directions here.
Assuming you have already installed Player, the overall process is as follows:
- Optionally, purchase Player licenses
- Browse to IntuiLab's Pricing page and purchase your Player licenses using a credit card.
- Player for Tablets and Player for Kiosk will automatically check out a Player license associated with the IntuiFace account you use to log in. License keys are not entered manually. For more information, see this article.
- Start a new project in Composer
- On the New tab of Composer's Experiences panel, select the Blank template.
- Select the option corresponding to your device or screen
resolution and orientation (landscape vs. portrait). Selecting the
correct resolution is not mandatory but if you don't, Player will
proportionally shrink/stretch your experience to make it fit the
actual display. The result may be too cramped or otherwise
disconnected from the original design.
- Create your experience
- Use the same media and capabilities you would use for a
NOTE: Some Composer features cannot be used either because of tablet limitations or due to capability not yet implemented. See this page for details.
- Use only TTF Fonts in your Simple Text assets to ensure the fonts you use on Windows can also be found on the tablet.
- Use the same media and capabilities you would use for a Window-targeted experience.
- PREVIEW your work on the tablet
Here you are viewing an experience running in Composer's Play Mode. The following is a summary; the details are covered in this article.
- Make sure your tablet and Composer are on the same network and that the PC running Composer is properly configured for network communication. See this article.
- Run your experience in Composer's Play Mode.
- Run Player and log into your IntuiFace account.
- Select the icon Connect to a Composer in Play Mode and enter the IP address of the PC running Composer. The experience will be copied to a temporary storage location on your tablet and then it will play.
- NOTE: If you are using the free version of Player, the IntuiFace watermark will appear in your experience.
- DOWNLOAD your work to the tablet for travel and/or
Here you are saving an experience directly on the tablet. The following is a summary; the details are covered in this article.
- Publish your experience. This will make the experience available in the Player Experiences panel. Experiences shared with you will also be available here.
- Touch any experience in the Experiences panel and it will automatically download and then play.
Unlike Player for Windows - which does not permit free use - both Player on iPad and Android can be used without a license. This free use comes with some limitations:
- Only one experience can be downloaded to the tablet. Attempts
to download a second experience will override the first.
- All experiences will be run with the IntuiFace
- The tablet must be online at all times. An offline mode is not supported for free Player use.
- Tip of the Month: Getting Answers To Your IntuiFace Questions
- Tip of the Month: Little Known Features of IntuiFace
- Tip of the Month: Experience Design Choices to Optimize Performance
- Tip of the Month: Using Out-of-the-Box Interface Assets to Incorporate Real-time Information
- Tip of the Month: Use Design Accelerators to Improve Appearance and Functionality
- View all (6 more)