Player for Kiosks on Samsung SSP - Quick Start
This article will explain how to run IntuiFace Player for Kiosks on the Samsung SMART Signage Platform. Once Player is running, the user experience is identical to that of Player on all other supported platforms. If you are already familiar with how to use Player on those platforms then you can go from a published IntuiFace experience to running it on the SSSP in seconds. If you are new to IntuiFace, hang in there - it's easy!
As the only multi-touch option for the Samsung SSP, IntuiFace is an innovation for a display platform that has only recently adopted touch capability. We have worked - and are working - hard with Samsung to not only refine our support but to improve the SSSP itself. We ask that you bring us into your evaluation process early so you can benefit from our knowledge and insight. We are here to help you get the most out of your investment in the SSP. Contact us using this page.
IntuiFace Player for Tablets on the SSSP requires use of the P Series family of devices - aka SSSP4. The SSSP4 was the first to introduce the Tizen-based operating system. We also recommend installation of the latest firmware available for download from the Samsung GSBN website. Contact your Samsung reseller for more information.
Touch-enabled P Series devices are expected to ship in early 2017. Until that time, IntuiFace can be used on the SSSP P Series for mouse and keyboard-driven experiences
IntuiFace Player was also tested by Samsung on their brand new 10'' model with integrated touch.
- Use of IntuiFace Player for Kiosks on Samsung SSP assumes you
have an IntuiFace account. Need one? Click here to
- A paid license is not required for either Composer or Player. However, if either is used as a Free Edition, IntuiFace experiences will be watermarked with the IntuiFace logo.
- Become familiar with the current solution limitations. Some are due to IntuiFace, others to the SSSP. All will be addressed over time.
- Power up the SSP and configure it if necessary.
- If you haven't done so already, choose the URL
Launcher option, not the MagicInfo
- On the URL Launcher home screen, click the
Change URL button.
- Enter the URL for Player then click the "Done" button
- Each version of Player supporting the Samsung SSP has its own unique URL.
- In the image below, we are using
http://sssp.intuiface.comURL to always load the latest version of IntuiFace Player for Kiosks.
- To load a specific version of a Player, see this page
- Back on the home screen for the URL Launcher,
click the "URL Launcher** button
- Player should now load. Activate a license by either
- Logging into Player using your IntuiFace account credentials.
If you have paid Player
for Samsung SSP licenses, one will be checked out for use on
this particular SSP device.
- Entering a license key into the "Email Address" field, leaving
the "Password" field blank and clicking the "Connect" button. The
specified license will be retrieved and activated. Each license key
is associated with a specific IntuiFace account and it is to the
experiences of this account that Player will have direct
- Logging into Player using your IntuiFace account credentials. If you have paid Player for Samsung SSP licenses, one will be checked out for use on this particular SSP device.
- Player's Experiences panel should appear. Select an experience
to download and run it.
Every time you restart the SSP, if IntuiFace Player was the last
URL loaded by the URL Launcher, just touch the
URL Launcher button to start Player.
The experiences listed in the IntuiFace Experiences panel are found by Player because they were either:
by someone using Composer under the same IntuiFace account used to
- shared with the IntuiFace account used to run Player
The former are listed on the My Experiences tab of Player's Experiences panel. The latter are listed on the Shared With Me tab of Player's Experiences panel.
A third tab in the Experiences panel - named Samples - references a variety of sample experiences you can download to try out Player on the Samsung SSP.
- Tip of the Month: Getting Answers To Your IntuiFace Questions
- Tip of the Month: Little Known Features of IntuiFace
- Tip of the Month: Experience Design Choices to Optimize Performance
- Tip of the Month: Using Out-of-the-Box Interface Assets to Incorporate Real-time Information
- Tip of the Month: Use Design Accelerators to Improve Appearance and Functionality
- View all (6 more)